camping in the heart of the Lake District
"I can promise
it will be very difficult
this idyllic site"
Sykeside has all the facilities associated with a modern campsite and
- modern shower and toilet facilities that are well located. They are
regularly cleaned to ensure a high standard is maintained. Hot water is not charged for but may run cool for a time during very busy periods.
- shaving sockets and power points are available in the shower block
- laundry and drying room
- dish washing area
- 19 electric hook-ups with hard standing for camper vans
- well-stocked shop caters for the majority of campers' needs with
fresh provisions, camping equipment and supplies, maps and guides
- meals are available on the site at the Barn
- Brotherswater Inn, within the site grounds,
offers meals and accommodation
- fishing available in Brotherswater which is within easy walking distance
- please note that due to our position in the bottom of the valley television reception is extremely unreliable, and there is no mobile phone reception at all.